The Salvation Army has been awarded a HUD grant to provide transitional housing, case management and education/training for homeless families who have resided in emergency shelter for a minimum of 7 days.
Participants will be referred primarily from the family shelters operated by several of the following Passages partner agencies:
· The Salvation Army Social Services Center Family Residence
· Austin Shelter for Women and Children
· Inter-Faith Hospitality Network operated by Foundation for the Homeless
· SafePlace Emergency Shelter for Victims of Domestic and Sexual Assault
· LifeWorks Shelter Mother and Babies Shelter for parents under 25
Rapid Rehousing provides the following services:
· Short term child care assistance
· Leasing subsidy (up to 12 months)
· Financial assistance with housing start-u costs, training and certification, obtaining legal documents, and work-related clothing and supplies.